Thursday, April 30, 2009

Last posting of April 2009

April has been a busy month (well, really only since the night of April 12th when we went to the hospital thinking Sara was really going to deliver a baby only to come back the next morning and see Jonathan born within an hour of arrival...and without enough time for Sara to get an epidural). I have no new pictures for the day to post, but I thought I would close the month with some interesting comments (as this is a blog).

First, we visited the pediatrician today and learned that Jonathan has gained a pound since last week's visit (he is now at 8 1/2 pounds - only 12 more pounds and 11 months before he can sit facing forward in the car).

Second, I clearly have forgotten what it is like to have a newborn. Sara reminds me that we used to drive Helena around town at night to get her to sleep (thankfully we don't have to do that anymore). After hearing Sara head downstairs tonight with Jonathan, I was surprised to hear the garage door open, but I knew what that meant. Jonathan must have heard the stories while in utero, so Sara headed out to take him for a ride to get him to sleep. I was more surprised, though, when she not only returned with a sleeping baby but also Frosty's from Wendy's. Now that is a great wife.

Hope it has been an enjoyable April for everybody else. See you in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment